A 2017 graduate from SMU’s law school, Gretchen Diebel Schmidt provides valued support to several attorneys on a wide variety of practice areas. She also spends time fine-tuning her own practice areas, which include commercial transactions, corporate matters, estate planning and probate, and tax law. Gretchen enjoys being a key advisor to her clients on their path toward accomplishing their goals and she isn’t afraid to go the extra mile along the way.
Gretchen is originally from Fort Worth and currently lives right off the Trinity River a quick drive from downtown. She loves going to TCU football games in the fall and walking on the Trinity Trails whenever the weather is beautiful. When a trail walk isn’t enough of a workout, you might also catch her at a local Smart Barre studio.
- Juris Doctor – Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2017
- SMU Science and Technology Law Review, Staff Editor and Notes Editor
- Bachelor of Science, Economics and Political Science – Vanderbilt University, 2014
Bar & Court Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Member
Volunteerism & Community
- Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, Red Shoe Society Member and Participant
- Junior League of Fort Worth, Member and Participant
- Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Ex-Volunteer as In-House Counsel Intern
- Vanderbilt CoRPS, Alumni Interviewer
Representative Experience & Services
Gretchen’s main areas of practice include corporate law and commercial transactions, as well as tax law and estate planning and probate. She also works alongside several senior attorneys in other practice areas.
Gretchen worked for McDonald Sanders as a summer law clerk in 2016. In law school, Gretchen worked as a judicial intern for Justice Elizabeth Lang-Miers in the 5th District Court of Appeals and for the Honorable Don Pierson in Tarrant County Court at Law 1.