Kathy Kassabian Reid runs a strong litigation-focused practice mainly revolving around helping clients in commercial litigation and personal injury defense. She also readily deals with cases specifically in estate planning and probate and represents clients in those related proceedings. Kathy will also work on matters for her corporate clients on business transactions, corporate-facing law, and labor and employment, and for clients in the education sphere.
As a graduated Division I athlete on the University of New Orleans Women’s Basketball team, Kathy still loves staying connected to collegiate sports as much as she can despite a heavy workload. She maintains a regular position with TCU as an official game scorer for Horned Frogs Basketball and as the scoreboard operator for TCU Volleyball. Outside of wearing the striped shirt, Kathy enjoys traveling with family and friends as much as she can and walking along the Trinity Trails. A transplant from Arlington who went to high school at Fort Worth’s All Saints, Kathy and her husband currently live near TCU on the southwest side of town.
- Juris Doctor – Texas Tech University School of Law, 2014
- Texas Tech Law Review, Executive Board of Editors
- Texas Tech Law Review, Volume 46 Symposium Editor
- Texas Tech Law Review, Volume 45 Staff Member and Judicial Board Member
- Texas Tech University School of Law Civil Practice Clinic, Qualified Student Attorney
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – University of New Orleans, 2010
- Division I Student Athlete, Women’s Basketball
Bar & Court Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas, 2014
Awards & Recognition
- Top Attorneys by 360 West Magazine: 2019 (Civil Law/Litigation)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars by Thompson Reuters: 2018, 2019
- Top Attorneys <5 Years of Practice by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine: 2017 (Civil Law, Litigation), 2018 (Civil Law and Transactional)
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance Law Section, Member
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Young Lawyers Committee and Long Range Planning Committee
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Probate Section Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Member
Volunteerism & Community
- Official basketball scorer for TCU Basketball
- Texas Personal Automotive Insurance Policy, Janet Colaneri – Edits and contributions of new content to updated yearly editions, beginning in 2014
Representative Experience & Services
Kathy’s main areas of practice include commercial and personal injury defense litigation, along with estate planning and probate work. However, her litigation experience also extends to specifically include labor and employment, landlord/tenant law, and non-subscribers to workers’ compensation law. Kathy also handles matters for area educational institutions.
- Talavera v. Quality Choice Auto Sales LLC, 02-17-00054-CV, 2018 WL 895441 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth Feb. 15, 2018, no pet.). Successfully representation of a business owner on breach of contract claim at trial and on appeal, which included two trials, appellate briefing and oral argument at the Second Court of Appeals
During law school, Kathy held a position as law clerk for the Honorable Bonnie Sudderth, 352nd District Court, Tarrant County, TX and as a legal intern for the Lubbock County Criminal District Attorney.