As a graduate of the Texas Tech School of Law’s 2018 class, Ty Taylor joined McDonald Sanders in the fall of 2018. He provides valued support to several attorneys on a wide variety of practice areas and continues to spend time focusing on his own areas of interest, including business transaction matters, energy and utilities, and real estate. Ty takes pride in being a problem solver, bringing an attentiveness, willingness to work, and understanding to every matter he is brought in on. He enjoys being in a great position to help others when they cannot help themselves.
Ty is originally from Glen Rose, TX, a small town also home to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center and Dinosaur Valley State Park. After graduating from Tech, Ty headed to Fort Worth and settled in the Monticello neighborhood on the west side. He listens to Texas country and Americana music and occasionally makes it out to Billy Bob’s and Magnolia Motor Lounge. If he’s not at a concert, he likes to deer and dove hunt, fish, and play golf and basketball. On a rare day of relaxation, Ty gets his blood pumping while watching Texas Tech sports, the Rangers, or the Cowboys.
- Juris Doctor – Texas Tech University School of Law, 2018
- Magna Cum Laude
- Texas Tech Law Review, Staff Member and Articles Editor
- Red Raider Bar Association
- Property Tutor for Prof. Gerry Beyer’s 1L Property Law Class
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Penn Athletic Community Services
- Penn Quakers Varsity Football Wide Receiver
- Ivy League Championship Team, 2012
- Philadelphia Academic All-Area
- Francis “Reds” Bagnell Football Award Recipient
Bar & Court Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Member
Representative Experience & Services
Ty’s main areas of practice include business transactions, energy and utilities, and real estate. He also works alongside several senior attorneys in those and other practice areas.
Ty worked for McDonald Sanders as a summer law clerk in 2017. While in law school, Ty worked with the Texas Tech Law Review, was a member of the Red Raider Bar Association, and was a property law tutor for first-year law students.