Paralegal/Legal Assistant – Litigation
This position will be the primary legal assistant for 2-3 attorneys, and will assist other attorneys with a focus on civil litigation matters. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects based on attorney-provided and court-mandated deadlines.
- At least 3+ years of experience, preferably in civil and commercial litigation, and personal injury defense
- Preference will be given to candidates with a paralegal certification and/or degree in paralegal studies
- Strong proficiency in the Texas and Federal efiling systems
- Proficiency in MS office apps and Adobe Acrobat
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word in particular, especially in tracking changes and styles
- Strong computer skills and typing at 60+ wpm
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to manage heavy document production and discovery
- Organization skills and keeping current with attorneys’ workloads and calendars
- Staying on top of and maintaining client files
- Usage of digital transcription equipment
- Able and willing to work after hours/weekends as needed
If you have the skill-set and are professional, efficient, and a team player, send your resume and salary requirements to us using the form to the right.