At McDonald Sanders, we cultivate innovative ideas with proven experience and guidance. Dedicated to providing our clients with top-notch representation while promoting a healthy focus on work/life balance and a competitive benefits package, working at McDonald Sanders is a rewarding experience.
Our clerkship program provides an opportunity for law students to gain valuable experience across our broad range of practice areas. Small clerk classes allow for hands-on training and interaction with associates and shareholders alike. Along with legal experience, we incorporate fun and Fort Worth-focused outings throughout the clerkship. Our clerkship program typically is a six-week program beginning after Memorial Day and ending before July 4.
While most of our associates join through our clerkship program, we also encourage like-minded lateral associates with experience in our practice areas to submit their resume and letter of interest via the contact form on the right.
We could not survive without our talented legal support team, including file clerks, administrative staff, paralegals and legal assistants. Legal professionals interested in working with McDonald Sanders may submit their resume and letter of interest via the contact form on the right.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys in all stages of litigation matters. This candidate should feel comfortable conducting research, doing data entry, scheduling, maintaining case files, and completing other ad-hoc requests, as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Paralegal Certification required
- Proficient in MS office 365 applications
- Advanced knowledge of Word 365, especially styles
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat
- Strong Computer skills, Typing 60+ wpm
- Manage heavy document production
- Keep current with attorneys’ workload and calendars
- Maintain client files, keep filing current
- Use of a digital transcription equipment
- Must be professional, organized, efficient
- Strong proofreading skills
- Work after hours/weekends as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Paralegal Certification by a recognized organization, i.e. NALA (not to be confused with a paralegal certificate)
- 5+ years' as Litigation Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Ability to work overtime