Texas is the only state in the country to allow employers to opt out of the workers’ compensation system. In fact, approximately one-third of Texas employers choose this option, which allows them to protect their injured employees outside of the traditional insurance system.
Our firm has represented Texas non-subscribers for over 40 years. We counsel employers about the pros and cons of choosing non-subscription, provide advice on specific claims, and defend our non-subscriber clients in litigation matters. We are proud to be a leader in Texas non-subscriber law, including:
- Preparation of welfare benefit plans to provide quality benefits to employees in lieu of workers’ compensation benefits
- Educating management on proper administration of the benefit plan
- Training supervisors on workplace safety
- Advising employers on specific claims and incidents
- Defending employers in lawsuits and arbitration proceedings brought by injured employees
For more information on general labor and employment-related services, please see our Employment Law & Labor section.