Representing a property owners association involves a cross-section of practice areas, including real estate, nonprofit business organization, and litigation. Our firm covers each of these practice areas, providing the following services to our HOA and POA clients:
- Incorporating the nonprofit association
- Drafting/amending governing documents, including covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CCRs), bylaws, rules, and policies, such as those policies mandated by the Texas Residential Property Owners Protection Act
- Counseling the HOA’s board and/or property manager on interpretation and enforcement of CCRs, rules, and policies
- Attending Board elections and annual meetings
- Handling contracts and disputes with contractors
- All aspects of assessment collection, including demand letters, collection litigation, and lien foreclosure
For more information on general real estate services, please see our Real Estate section.