Following law school, Chris Morris quickly developed a practice spanning multiple areas that allowed him to cultivate a variety of capabilities and skills. His well-rounded experience makes Chris skilled at addressing clients’ needs and working efficiently to achieve their goals. He enjoys putting his attention to detail and determined work ethic to use for our clients, and his background in both transactional and litigation settings gives him a unique perspective as a counselor and an advocate.
Chris was born and raised in Fort Worth. He and his wife, Jessica, both have roots in the community that trace back generations and are proud to call Fort Worth home. Chris is a lifelong Texas Longhorns fan and spends his spare time golfing, fly fishing, and exploring all the city has to offer.
Juris Doctor – Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2018
- SMU Science & Technology Law Review, Notes Editor
- Dallas County Dispute Resolution Center, Student Mediator
- VanSickle Family Law Clinic, Student Attorney
- Jackson Walker Moot Court Competition, Best Oral Advocate in Round
Bachelor of Arts in English and History with Liberal Arts Honors, Business Foundations Certificate – The University of Texas at Austin, 2015
- Normandy Scholars Program
- University of Texas Bass Fishing Team
Bar & Court Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas, 2019
Awards & Recognition
- Top Attorneys < 5 Years of Practice, 360 West Magazine: Insurance Coverage and Litigation, 2021
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Exes, Life Member
Volunteerism & Community
- Trinity Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals, Founding Member
- “‘Implied’ Oil and Gas Lease Covenants”, Texas Bar CLE – Handling Your First (or Next) Oil and Gas Case (2018), Co-Author
Representative Experience & Services
During his summers in law school, Chris clerked for two Fort Worth law firms. He also spent time as a summer clerk for Judge John Chupp of the 141st Judicial District Court of Tarrant County and Judge Donald Pierson of Tarrant County Court at Law No. 1. He has represented clients in a variety of practice areas ranging from company formations, commercial real estate transactions, and contract drafting and review to class actions, multidistrict litigation, and business and insurance disputes. Chris now focuses his practice on business and commercial transactions.