John Wright works with clients of all types in aiding them with both their commercial litigation and transactional needs. Whether handling a large corporation, a smaller firm, or an individual or non-profit, John strives to make his clients’ lives better through solving their problems within the legal environment. Adept in many areas, he also works in estate planning and probate, tax, and litigation pertaining to those areas, thus providing a full-service suite of legal work to his clients. With his areas of practice often being quite complex, John communicates well and gives the extra effort to make things more understandable for clients dealing within a system the mechanics of which are challenging to appreciate.
John is originally from Oklahoma City and now lives in Fort Worth with his wife, Diane, also a lawyer working in the banking industry. Colonial Country Club is a favorite local spot of his, and he loves to golf when he can particularly in the spring and fall, but he’s also a world traveler who’s been to Russia, Italy, Scotland, and more. With his two sons in Los Angeles and Fort Worth, John gathers them as often as he can so they can all continue exploring together. John also ensures that Boomer, the much-loved golden doodle and fluffiest family member, makes it into the annual family photographs through the magic of his Photoshop hobby.
- Juris Doctor – University of Oklahoma, 1987
- Oklahoma Law Review, Chief Note Editor
- Bachelor of Business Administration – University of Oklahoma, 1984
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, President
Bar & Court Admissions & Certifications
- State Bar of Texas, 1989
- Oklahoma Bar Association, 1987
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Court
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
Awards & Recognition
- 360 West Magazine Top Attorney 2023 (Commercial Litigation)
- Best Lawyers by Best Lawyers Rankings: 2018-2020 (Trusts and Estates)
- Top Attorneys >5 Years of Practice by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine: 2016 (Probate, Estates, Trust), 2019 (Business/Commercial)
- The Best Lawyers in America By Best Lawyers Rankings: Trusts and Estates 2024
Professional Affiliations & Organizations
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Taxation Law Section, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Member
Volunteerism & Community
- The Hill School of Fort Worth, Past Chairman of Board of Trustees
- A Wish With Wings, Past Board of Directors
- Leadership Fort Worth, Graduate
- Arts & Business Connection of Tarrant County, Member
Representative Experience & Services
John runs a practice which covers numerous aspects of the law helpful to clients, but tends to focus his roughly 30 years of experience on business and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and business planning and organization. He also oftentimes works on estate planning, probate, and tax matters for his clients.
Also a litigator, John represents clients in proceedings related to all of those practice areas above, therefore often offering a full suite of services to those he works with.